We are excited to announce the launch of Episode 6.5! Packed with new features, Episode 6.5 adds quite a bit to our already solid Episode transcoding software.
Take a look at the brand new Episode 6.5!
New Features in 6.5
Closed caption support
- Episode 6.5 enables caption insertion with encoding and pass-through options, and supports CEA-608 and CEA-708 captioning standards as well as MCC and SCC caption formats. With federal regulations mandating captioning, this will enable post-production workflows to handle embedded captions easily.
Support for virtually any video and audio file format
- Episode supports the widest range of formats in its class, allowing users to repurpose media for websites, mobile devices, television, archive, disk authoring and more. With version 6.5, Episode adds support for formats including HEVC, XAVC, VP9, and MXF AS-11.
Multi-bitrate streaming support
- Multi-bitrate streaming improves a viewer’s experience by letting users deliver videos in the resolution and bit rate that best matches viewers’ connection speeds. With version 6.5, users will be able to easily encode and create packages for Apple HLS (HTTP Live Streaming), Microsoft Smooth Streaming, and MPEG-DASH with a click of a button.
Support for multi-track audio
- Featuring improved performance and stability, Episode 6.5 adds presets and filters to easily map multi-track audio channels – rearrange audio tracks, change speaker assignments, and change audio formats and sample rates.
Image sequence support
- Image sequences are now available directly from the Episode UI, which provides an easy way to manage thousands of frames for 3D animation and compositing for visual effects. Users can step through the sequence frame by frame with the highest possible quality. It’s also possible to add multiple files from different sequences for multiple encode tasks.
Just in case you missed our webinar, take a look as Andrew Haley goes over the new features of 6.5
Episode 6.5 is a paid upgrade from previous versions.