Every year the number of file formats, video formats and compression schemes continues to grow. At more than 200 and counting, it is difficult to keep track of how the video industry is changing, and what formats you should be investing your time and energy into. Of the numerous options, HEVC/H.265 is emerging as one of the compression standards worth investigating. HEVC/H.265 promises significant quality improvements and bit rate savings, from mobile phone screens to 4K distribution.
To help get you on the right track, Telestream’s John Pallett delves deep into the industry drivers and technology surrounding HEVC/H.265 in this pre-recorded webinar. Register here to gain access to this valuable resource, and see how HEVC/H.265 can help you!
What you’ll learn:
- Which bit rates are appropriate for different frame sizes
- How HEVC quality compares to H.264 and MPEG-2
- Recommended HEVC encoding settings for various
resolutions and types of materials
- Which HEVC bit rates achieve similar quality to common H.264 and MPEG-2 distribution formats for cable, IPTV and mobile distribution
- Quality measurements when encoding HEVC at the same bit rates as H.264 and MPEG-2 formats
- Tests are done on a variety of material including sports, news, and movies
To learn more about Telestream’s advanced file-based video transcoding and workflow automation solutions, including support for HEVC, 4K, x264, GPU acceleration and more, visit our website.